Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A sea of Chapatti's

Well, I've been here for nearly 1 month and 1/2 and what an experience it has been!!! I didn't think I would be riding elephants back at home, or walking down MG road alongside a cow or hog! The experience has been too much, when crossing the road, no matter how quiet, your risking your life!!! I keep thinking to myself I've been here for a month, I'm staying here for another 5!!! But I'm sure it's going to be the best 5 months of my life!!!!

Also, the kids are absolutely amazing!!!! The smiles that they give to when you first walk into the classroom are so heartwarming!! They are endless opportunities of what you can do with them as well!! I don't know how much I've spent of paper and crayons, but I think it's starting to mount up! But not too much I hope, I need some left over for travelling!!!
Also, when finding out that my computer class had all passed my computing test, it was a nice feeling to know, that what they are being taught is sinking in!!

The food here is amazing as well! As you can read from the title, they are endless amounts of chapatti's!! Although, chapatti's aren't just good with rice and dahl, but they are amazing with jam and butter. If they are available for breakfast, then I get one out, slap the butter and jam on, and it's gone within 30 seconds, maybe even less!! But it is also nice to get out of the house once in a while and go to McDonalds, for a taste of home!! However, last time I went, I was violently sick during the night, so maybe McDonalds is off the menu for a while!!
It's nice to know on Friday's, we can go out for a meal, and wake up the next morning at 11am! or even 1pm! Then we would slap on the suncream and go on the roof to top up our tans!!

Anyway, I'm having the best time here, and there's many more months for that to happen even more.

Philip Ross

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home