Monday, May 29, 2006

Back in Pune, back at work!

I'm back in Pune, and have been for the past week, and as I've said to Hans 'it's all a blur', and it bloody well is! Coming back to the house on Tuesday was wierd, especially since I'd never got any sleep the night before on the bus comin up from Goa! Also when we were stood outside for half an hour, because the new volunteer - Shasma' was asleep! But when we got in the house, everything had changed - the walls had been painted, new lights were installed and the tv wasn't working!! But we got through - Esther, Stevie and I, and we slept for most of the day, the lazy buggars that we are!!

Also, I have never seen my room so bloody clean in all my life, everything had been cleared out into room 4 (where everyone was to put their stuff during the break) and all that was in my room were 2 beds a table and a cupboard, with nothing in it!! And now that I'm back, I still haven't unpacked and it's been a week already that I've been back! I'm so lazy, but I am still getting over the general bluriness (I know your laughing Hans :) )
But seriously, when we first arrived at the house after the break, it didn't seem like our house at all, and I nearly lost the way with the rickshaw driver from Mohan's corner shop! Typical me eh! But there are now guards up on all the balconies, which was quite a shock, and the whole of the outside had been re-painted! It was just madness!

But a week on, I am back at work, and the bluriness was just ridiculous - Ramtekadi had all changed - there were ceiling fans, and the cupboards had been moved upstairs, which also seemed surreal when we went up for our lunch of omletter sandwiches!! I like omlettes!! When we got to Sushma's creche in the morning, all the kids did were cry and baby Rahul who is usually smiling, could not stop crying!! But we soon got them up playing trains! A popular game in that creche! Then it was time for chai, and that reminded me of being back at work, which I was! Then the afternoon came and we were told that the balwadi wasn't happening due to new kids, so the balwadi assistant took us to her house for some Thumbs Up, and I've seen such an audience in my life, all the locals were round for a peek-a-bo!

Then coming home, it seemed like we had never left Ramtekadi in the first place! But it was evident that we did!

Philip Ross

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home