Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Pre-Hobby Week

For the past 2 days I have been sitting staring at a computer trying to find things to do with the kids for hobby week. I've searched through art and craft pages, party games and songs pages. So far, to be honest, I haven't come up with much - what do you do with 100+ kids with ages ranging from 6 - 14?? Things that seem really good and fun at first become the worst idea ever overnight or things that are great for the younger kids will bore the older ones to tears but what is good for the older kids is much too difficult for the younger ones. Does that even make sense?? I've thought of doing some drama or songs or games with them but there are so many children...not to worry though...I'm sure between the 6 volunteers we'll be able to think up something, if nothing else it will be interesting to see how it all works out.

I'm now sitting staring at the computer trying to think of what else to put on here...my concentration levels seem to have hit the floor in the heat of the day and just think, its getting hotter - my brain is going to frazzle away to nothing I think.

Anyway, getting back on track...

The next few days should be a learning curve - I've no doubt at some point we'll have to do a little improv. We're taking the hobby class from 10-1 from tomorrow all through next week - the idea of having a mini scottish day is sounding quite appealing - teach them some scottish dancing which will no doubt just turn into a lot of twirling and jumping round in circles. Undoubtedly it'll all be good fun, not too chaotic with just a hint of madness...

Esther

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home