Thursday, May 04, 2006

4 ways to get HIV. PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HIV. I understand. Or at least I think I do. I have no hestiation in shaking the hand of a person living with HIV thoe I hesitate to write any names of people that I know are HIV+. "Did I ever have a problem shaking hands with a person living with HIV?" I hear you ask. The honest answer is that I don't know. Im not shure that I ever got the chance to find out. Befor coming to India I never had the oppertunity to shake hands with someone that I was aware was HIV+.

HIV can be transmitted through 4 methods.

HIV by the way stands for Human Immuno deficancy Virus. AIDS is Aquired Immuno Deficancy Syindrome.

The first is mother to child. As far as I am aware this is at the birth itself, not in the womb.Its to do with all the fluids flowing around at birth. Clearing it up can help reduse chances ect. But No1 is Mother to Child.

Way number 2 is shared needles. Useing clean ones would be advisable.

Then we come to 3 and 4.No1 is an unfortunate fact of life, a small little argument against the existence of God (but thats a hoal different can of worms and ill do another blog on it). No2 is just a sense of being careful. I myself have a phobia of needles and hardly need another reason for disliking them but there you go.

No 3 is shared blood. This needs explaining. In a word (or 2 words) it comes from 'fresh blood'. A car crash and one person with HIV bleeds into another without HIV, they can both be infected. Operations ect in hospitals with HIV+ blood can give an unefected person the virus.BUT if the blood is frozen or left out for a long period of time the virus will die.

NO 4, probibly the most famos of the causes is unprotected sex. This last issue, in my oppinion, is little more than a mini mine field of problems. It isn't even solved if both are HIV+ as clearly it doesn't matter with ways 2 and 3 (at least I don't think it matters. But what if ones worse than the other? somthing to find out I think)

Anyway, with unprotected sex there is the problem of point 1. In a sence these need to be taken together. Using a condom is the straight forward solution, especially if you are having sex only for plesure. But, the biological reason for sex is to make a new life, and if someone who lives with HIV and someone who doesn't want to start a family then there is a horrific question that needs asked.

Should they?

The honest answer is - I do not have a fucking clue. This, in my oppinion, is where all the mines are.

OK, let me show you this. A man has HIV. A woman does not have HIV. The risk is that the women will become HIV+ and then they will create a new life that will go through life being HIV+.

Is this fair?

Is it fair to deny the man a family because he got HIV? What if he got it through an operation on his leg afew years back. Is he to be denyed a family because there was a problem on his leg?!

Can you sit another human being down and tell them that they must not create a life of their own?

But what then about that purely innocent life that hasn't even grown into a twinckle in the mother's eye?

The word your looking for is shit. or fuck. or bugger. Or whatever word floats your boat.

AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pure mine feild in my oppinion with no helpful map to show you the way through.

Now can you tell me a 5th way? The answer is NO!



THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO CONTRACT HIV!



Right. Swim with people living with HIV. Swim in a pool full of them you will not contract the virus. Kiss as many people with HIV as takes your fancy. Hell go for a world record attempt and see if your toung can get further down a throat than any other toung has ever done - you will not contract the virus. Get bitten by as many mosquitos and bugs as possible and you will not contract the virus (thoe still not recomended as other deseses like malaria might become a problem). Shared their toilet and you will not contract the virus. You got the freeking picture already?!!!???!!!???!!!???

THERE ARE ONLY 4 FUCKING WAYS.

Just in case youv been sleeping through this let me list the 4 ways.

No.1 Mother to Child. This is the one where the purely innocent suffer.

No 2. Shared needles.

No 3. Sharing fresh blood

No 4. Unprotected sex. The mine feild in my oppinion.

No 5. This does not exist. No what ifs? No what abouts? NO!NO!NO!NO! The 4 ways are listed above. How many times do I have to write this people!!!!!!!

PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres alot of jazz about stigma ect but I think this has been enough for one blog but ill finish off by repeating the point of this blog -

No.1 Mother to Child. This is the one where the purely innocent suffer.

No 2. Shared needles.

No 3. Sharing fresh blood

No 4. Unprotected sex. The mine feild in my oppinion.

THERE IS NO OTHER WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Lyon

ps - Incase you didn't get it already

No.1 Mother to Child. This is the one where the purely innocent suffer.

No 2. Shared needles.

No 3. Sharing fresh blood

No 4. Unprotected sex. The mine feild in my oppinion.

THERE IS NO OTHER WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD USE A SPELL CHECKER. :-)

9:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it would have been nice for the "spell checker" remark to be included perhaps in a word or two of gratitude, unless they need me to rephrase it for them with correct spelling - there was a message there. I hope you got it!

BYW: Thank you for the info on the 4 ways. I got the point.

1:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would think giving birth to an hiv infected child is murder(eventually) so no its immoral to give birth with an infected child

5:38 pm  
Blogger Austin Kim said...

thanks this really helped and fuck those other guys

10:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that if you[as a women] have HIV, shouldnt have a baby.Becuase not only you are suffering,its the baby,too.

9:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a high school biology homework question that is asking me what are the FIVE risk factors [ways] to contract an sti [sexually transmitted infection] but you say there's only four.

Is this a trick question?

3:15 pm  
Blogger Deep Griha said...

Dear Anonymous (last comment), Great question. This post was about the 4 ways to contract HIV specifically, not all STI's. Since your question is asking about STI's in general, I don't think it is a trick question. Some STI's, such as herpes and genital warts, can spread through saliva (kissing) or skin-to-skin contact (foreplay). I'm sure you could find some good resources on the web explaining this in more detail. Good luck!!

4:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home