Monday, July 10, 2006

1 month at City of Child

Well, sorry that I haven't written a blog in a while, it's because I have been at City of Child doing a spot of painting! Well not exactly a spot, not like a lot! Bloody hell, it's been a busy month, we've done so much, and when I look back at what I've done - I'm very proud!!

Originally, it was only meant to be Stevie, Jamie and I going, back the day before we were due to go, 3 new volunteers arrived (Emily, Claire and Lorna), and Bhaskar had asked if they can come out as well. I must admit, when they said they were coming out, it was the best thing I had ever heard as I didn't know what was happening!
3 extra people to help us, it's a miracle - it really is.

It was great at City of Child, although the longest stay there was only 4 days, so I was a bit worried if I was going to be ok. City of Child is out in the middle of no-where in the village of Kasurdi, with only one shop which is about 30 minutes walk from the City of Child! I'm used to having shops right on my doorstep pretty much and now I would have to walk 30 minutes! Also, we had to bring water from the cultural centre, and we were all worrying if the water we had was going to be enough!! It was boiling out there, so we were going to need plenty water!

Even though I was worried about the water and whether I was going to stay sane for the 4 weeks - the kids brighten up my day, when they get back from school, all they want to do if play in the park - which is great fun!! They also love their clapping games - 'my name is', 'my father went to sea' and 'zig, zag, zoom' - they love them.
The food is amazing as well - although you do get tired of eating rice, dahl and chapatti every day, twice a day!

I need a pizza!

Oh, chocloate milkshake!

It's wierd, you appreciate things so much more when you haven't got them readily available!! What am I going to do for this month with pizza or a mcdonalds! Well I come back at weekends!

-Philip Ross

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home